So this morning (meaning yesterday morning *ahem*) I woke up to see that one of my favourite blogs – and best blogs I’ve ever read – The Danevbie Legacy by sErin had been nominated for this award, and I thought it was very well deserved indeed! Imagine my surprise when I start up my computer only to see that someone deems my blog as worthy as I deem sErin’s!
My nomination comes from fellow blogger and simmer NevisDreams – I hope I have made it clear on your own nomination how surprising this was and how much I appreciate it!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers, to promote the blogging sites we love and support.
Accepting the nomination comes with these conditions:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Polychromwardbound by sErin
The Madness of Mr. Goth by Valois Fulcanelli
As Life Goes by jazen
A Race Against Time by PiazzaGirl
Seidkhona by french_vanilla
Summerdream by Caterpillarsims
Going Solo by Vuneca
My answers to Nevis’ questions:
1. Do you have a favorite Sim?
Goodness me, yes! I know a mother isn’t supposed to have favourites, but I really liked Oracle from my rainbowcy. I love Rainy from the same story now as well and already love her child, even though I haven’t got a name for said child yet and even though she hasn’t even gotten together with the child’s father yet! Also, despite not liking him at all first, I really like Joel from my TS3 Going Solo challenge. Because he’s another mermaid I wasn’t that excited when he was born, but I think Joel and I have made this work :3
2. What’s your favorite part about playing Sims?
Definitely the story-writing part (I actually can’t play without writing any more – just-for-fun games aren’t fun enough!), and also the genetics, especially in my rainbowcy.
3. What inspires you to share your Sims’ stories?
Do you remember in TS2 we had that sort-of diary/notebook option? I was writing in that, but TS3 didn’t have anything like it. I started reading (my first one was BerryPie) a couple of things and they were so good I had to try it, too. Didn’t think I’d end up with this many projects on the go buuuut here we are.
4. If you could change one thing about Sims, what would it be?
The LAG!! -.- And the glitches -.-
5. When something unwanted happens in your game, do you exit and start over or continue playing?
That depends on the save. My rainbowcy is very planned out, so unwanted things can’t be allowed to live, whereas in my two Going Solo’s unwanted things can be a good thing! For example, before my TS3 challenge became a challenge it was just a for-fun game (you see how that turned out, yes?) and the founder’s two children died. They were mermaids and dehydrated and they burnt to death. Since Morrigan and Leliana were her only children she needed to have one more, because otherwise it would have been over here and I wasn’t quite ready to stop playing their save yet. Therefore Anders was born, who then had three children named Mickey, Rose and Donna, and suddenly I had another challenge 😛
6. Do you prefer Sims with positive traits?
No, I think only having positive traits all the time is bound to make your story boring. It’s a different matter if you’re only playing for fun, but as I’ve already mentioned I can’t do that any more, so positive only traits are a no-go for me.
7. How would the best day in your life look like?
Hmmmm, that’s difficult.. My boyfriend and I haven’t been on a holiday for a while. I’d love to go on a holiday. To Japan. To a cat cafe.
8. What’s your favorite food?
9. Which is your favorite movie?
Yeah, like there’s only one… I love most Pixar movies, especially UP even though I cried pretty much the whole way through (it doesn’t take much, I tell ya!) and I love the Hunger Games movies. Which is already more than you asked me for!! 😛
10. What’s your dream vacation?
I LOVED our first cruise together (it wasn’t his first one but it was mine) to the Mediterranean and would love to do it again. I’d also love to go to Japan. To a cat cafe.
11. Share your favorite Sim’s darkest secret!
I’m not sure they have any!!! Apart from the baddies. Jeez, I might have to think on that one! oO I’ll get back to you on that…
My questions to my nominees:
1. What got you into writing stories with the sims?
2. What convinced you to start publishing said stories online?
3. Have you got a favourite sim?
4. How do you deal with Writer’s Block?
5. Are any of your characters or situations based on real life?
6. If you could do anything without worry about money or time, what would you do?
7. Have you ever published a chapter despite not being 100% happy with it, and your readers surprised you by loving it, or commenting more than usual?
8. What do you do when something unwanted happens? Accept it or quit without saving?
9. What is your favourite aspect about writing?
10. What is your least favourite aspect?
11. What inspires you the most? Music? A great book? A walk outside? Something else?
Very much looking forward to seeing your answers 🙂